Asst. Prof. Dr. Feyza Çağla Oran
Head of the Program
In the current process, conventional logistics procedures are not being applied as before and the procedures in the transportation and logistics sector are tried to be minimized. At the top of these applications comes integration of the Turkish transportation sector to the world transportation sector. Therefore, the planned education will not only cover theoretical knowledge, but it will also include, to a greater extent, practical and value-creating knowledge that can be implemented in the sector.
Business Fields for International Logistics Program Graduates:
They have the opportunity to find a job in Logistics Companies, International Transportation Firms, Logistics Departments of Industrial Plants, Customs Directorates, Import & Export Offices, and Customs Consultancies. Furthermore, they may found their own businesses to become self-employed. People who are well educated, capable to use software, know at least one foreign language, and love the work they make are needed too much in this sector. Along with this, graduates of International Trade and Logistics Undergraduate Program can be employed in all transportation and logistics firms, Customs Consultancy Firms and all public institutions and enterprises related to the customs as well as import and export departments of the firms.
Title to Be Given to International Logistics Program Graduates:
Those who successfully completed this program are given "Kadir Has University, Vocational School for Kadir Has, International Logistics Diploma" and also, according to their expertise field, "Logistics Manager" or "Logistics Expert" titles.
Applied Education in Two-Year International Logistics Program:
The Two-Year International Logistics Program shall use the laboratories within the body of the Vocational School for laboratory studies it requires for Information Technologies and Techniques. Sectorially required application works shall be performed within the body of the enterprises in the sector. Students will take application parts of courses related to railway transportation with respect to applied works related to the professional courses in RAYDER training building and facilities of Turkish State Railways while they will take application courses related to highway transportation within the body of RODER member firms, and perform applications related to International Trade within the body of solution partner foreign trade firms.
- Apply theoretical knowledge to real business life situations;
- Properties to analyze an administrative point of view;
- Supply chain management and logistics concepts and distinguish between explanation;
- Implement the different stock methods in a supply chain management;
- Logistics activities in order to access the different quality improvement techniques to take advantage of better performance;
- Calculate freight costs for different modes of transport;
- Ports and terminals in the world to explain how to design and works;
- Transportation, material handling, inventory management, warehousing, packaging, customer service, management and reverse logistics activities, such as to recognize flows;
- International transport modes in logistics the land, air and sea transport to explain the multi-mode systems.
They can also transfer to a 4-year license degree program in the disciplines listed below, upon their success in the examination performed by Council of Higher Education:
- Business Management
- Logistics Management Logistics Management
- Civil Aviation Management
- Transportation and Logistics Management
- International Finance
- International Logistics
- International Logistics and Transportation
- International Logistics Management
- International Trade
- International Trade and Logistics
- International Trade and Logistics Management